What is A Design Story “Gracious Giveaway” anyway?
We host product giveaways that we like to call “Gracious Giveaways” for our reader to win. We love our readers and like to reward them for their support and continued devotion!
* Please Note: Christmas Special: Any one who sponsors a Giveaway during the months of November or December 2010 will receive one month of free advertising. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
Why is a Gracious Giveaway Beneficial?
- It’s all about getting the consumer to remember you.
- Raise awareness of your company
- Increase brand image
- Gain invaluable feedback of your products & company
- It puts your product into the consumer’s hand
- Increases the chances that the next time they shop for your product category; they will reach for your product.
- Our audience is likely to share their experience with our giveaway & your product with their friends & family through word of mouth, the most powerful marketing tool
Everyone loves “Free stuff”.
So, let’s recap: What’s in it for you?
Hosting a giveaway on A Design Story is a great way to spread brand awareness and generate website traffic and sales. You will receive 3 featured posts (one to launch the giveaway on Monday, post something new about your product on Wednesday, and Friday to announce the winner).
Giveaway events benefit everyone involved because product owners get exposure, and consumers get free stuff…
RULES OF THE GAME:
Time Frame for Giveaway
- Each Giveaway will be announced on Monday morning and the winner will be announced on Friday afternoon… Giveaway ends at midnight on Thursday.
How will you announce the Giveaway
- We will do a full article on your product on Monday & Wednesday (as well as the winner mention on Friday)… click here for examples.
- If we receive your product, we will also do a short video of your product with my wife’s creative mind when we receive your product a few weeks before the Giveaway. If you would like to see an example, click here.
Minimum Giveaway Value
- Each giveaway sponsor is asked to donate a minimum of $40 worth of product. We are flexible on the number of winners you would like to designate… It can be one Grand prize or several smaller value items.
Who Ships the Product to the winner
- We ask the sponsoring company to ship it directly to the winner within 10 business days of when the winner responds to our email confirmation with their mailing information.
How will a reader get entered for the giveaway
- They just need to comment on our post regarding your product with a fun phrase that will go along with your brand and product.
- If you choose the bonus entry option, our audience will link back to our site on what they have done to get the word out…
How will a winner be chosen?
- There are 2 main methods in choosing a winner
- We can personally pick the winner with our favorite comment
- We can use a random number generator (we utilize Random.org)
The winner will have a limited time of 3 days to respond to our notification email.
We will draw for a new winner if we do not hear from the original winner within that 3 day time frame.
We will eliminate non-approved duplicate entries
Winners must wait a period of time 4 weeks before winning again… (Just to make it fair)
We understand that there are different ways to run a giveaway and we are flexible with our sponsors in offering their product to our audience. Here are the most common.
- One Entry per email address system
We can require the reader to visit your site and ask them to choose their favorite product and enter it on our entry form. By sending them on a mini scavenger hunt, you will get extra traffic and sales that result…
- Bonus Entry system
The bonus entry system offers our audience to basically publicize your giveaway for you to their friends via Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, making a fun sign or design, or taking a picture with your product or about your product, etc. You will be surprised at how hard people will work for you if they really want your item.
What we need to know from you
We do need to know these fours things in order to properly host your giveaway. Please shoot all of this info in one email over to Kevin@adesignstory.com…
What prize(s) do you want to give away? If you are having a hard time selecting the product you would like to giveaway… don’t worry! We can help! Give us a few choices and we can help eliminate and select the right product to showcase!
Where can we find photos & information about your company and the prize? Usually we can grab all of the necessary info we need from any links (websites) that you provide, but don’t hesitate to send additional information over. Note: we do write all of our posts (including giveaways)… so basically that just means we will include the info you want to share, just in our words!
Shipping: Where are you able to ship the prize? All prizes must ship to any and all of the lower 48 United States. If you have access & want to allow for a larger giveaway, you can include Hawaii, Alaska, Canada and even other countries if you would like! Your decision!
Are you at liberty to offer any special discounts to our readers? If you are able & willing, we greatly encourage you to host a limited-time offer like a 20% off coupon code (or even free shipping) for those who enter “A Design Story” during their checkout… This will have a direct impact on the traffic flow to your site and even trickle down into more sales!
So, let’s talk time…How soon will my giveaway go up?
We would like to solidify and schedule your giveaway two weeks in advance. That allows us to familiarize ourselves with your company & your products, accurately & effectively showcase your product within our fabulous posts and prepare our site for the giveaway. If you would like to share your product with us, we would love that! As mentioned earlier, we will create a video using/ displaying your product in our humble abode! We would like to receive the sample of your product 2 weeks before the start of the giveaway, so we can become intimately acquainted with your product and share the many benefits and features first hand.
Can I schedule my second giveaway & when?
We would like to introduce a variety of products to our readers, so it would depend on how many different product categories your company offers. Exceptions will be made on an individual basis, however, our advertising partners will be granted carte blanche as a Thank You for their loyalty and support.
Some other quick facts:
- Offering free product samples and free giveaways provide businesses with the opportunity to listen to consumer preferences and market demands – which must be done when launching any type of new product.
- Many consumers are hesitant to spend money on a new product that they may – or may not – like or enjoy. However, if you give them the opportunity to try a product, free of charge, they will more than likely purchase that product in the future.
- Consumers are often quite finicky when it comes to trying new products, and often times the only way to get them to change their attitude about certain products is to offer them product freebies.
Again, email us @ Kevin@adesignstory.com for questions or to secure your giveaway with A Design Story, LLC.