It’s a New Year and with it comes a new outlook!
We are not much on New Year’s Resolutions, but we do plan to change a few things around here! It’s A Design Story… and we are still writing it!
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail, right?
We made a list of fun changes, new ideas and additions we’d like to see happen this year with A Design Story the blog, the business and the online design shoppe. We are eager to start this year right!
To show you a few examples we made an organized list (yes, we are the list-y to do type)
We are striving to continue to be true to ourselves and our style. Since this was our first year blogging, we hit quite the learning curve. We realized design blogging was quite competitive and not so much about design experience or expertise. With that being said, we noticed tons of blogs trying to keep up with the Jones’, showcasing LOTS of DIY Projects and tutorials (some of which are incorrect not only with good design but also without the proper technical design skills to truly teach someone how to do something correctly). There is so much more to interior design than a hot glue gun and spray paint! We have seen it all from contact paper being used as wallpaper in a laundry room (which will peel with the moisture from the dryer) to wainscot being put up without cutting it to the correct size. Crazy. There are tons of good blogs out there with fabulous resources on how to achieve great design and complete wonderful DIY projects successfully… and we plan on continuing to become an even better source for all things real estate, interior design and even construction this year!
– We plan on Continuing the tradition of blogging 5 days a week (or more)
– Carry on with email responses and comments to all of our readers
– Showcase more DIY Projects
– A few Design Therapy Series: tutorials with designer tips
– More Giveaways
– Showcase more of our Online Design Boards (completed design packages for our online clients)
– Organize Blog Categories
– Update our Entire Website a bit
– Look for newbie blogs to read, follow and promote
– More Linky Parties so we can showcase others projects too
– Shopping Guide
– Showcase our lovely advertisers a bit more via social networking
– Showcase our floor plan and a house tour
– Parade our current “On Location” Projects more
– More Videos
– Revamp the Blog a bit!
Of course there is more…. But those are a secret!
We are a full service interior design firm locally in both Sarasota, Florida and Richmond, Virginia. This year we have all types of ideas to get A Design Story out there designing even more projects!
-Boost marketing: Postcards, Coffee Mugs
– Send informational packets to all local builders as well as to all my husband’s real estate clients (He works for Keller Williams).
– Offer free consultations
– Network locally with Young Business Clubs, the Chamber and IBE Barter
– Tighten up our team effort and showcase our Business Triangle we created: Interior Design, Construction and Real Estate
(I am the interior designer, my dad’s owns a successful Building Company- Alpha & Omega, and Kevin is a skilled Realtor)
We offer e-decorating solutions to anyone, anywhere! Online design really is budget friendly since we don’t have to be on location and is primarily done right in office. Wanna see how it works? Click Here.
-We are going to provide more online design giveaway opportunities
-Refine our Design Packages
-Market our Online Branch further this year
Like I said before, these are just SOME of the ideas we brainstormed for this year to launch A Design Story into a new “season”! The blog is going to continue being about budget friendly design and our readers!! We plan to continue staying true to ourselves, our education and our love of interior design, real estate & more!
How about you? Revamping your blog? Maybe starting one? DO Tell! Have any “wants” from us? Let us know… we are all ears!
A Design Story holds the right to all of these blog ideas. Please see our Policies for more information!