It’s been a crazy month so far, right?!?! Just in case you are new around here, Fresh Picks posts are basically monthly favorite round ups! I pull together things I am loving right now and share! If you have any fun finds or recommendations… share below! I kinda went the self-care route for this April’s fresh picks post. We are all doing our part by staying home and I am guessing that there are so many like me… and wanting a little self care to feel more like yourself! It’s time to give yourself a little pick me up because we all deserve that!!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
- Nails… so I go through spurts of getting gel nails and then taking breaks. I do feel pretty when my nails are pretty too! These are tried and true at home nail solutions that I approve and enjoy!! I love a good nail polish, but I clean and piddle so much that my nails chip so fast so I have gone a different route! The gel stick on nails are fun, they stick on great and they do last pretty good. I also love the nail strips in different designs… I have had mine last a good two weeks (plus).
- Are you guys feeling tired too? My schedule is all off and the night-owl in me has come back in full force. The days I only wear a little bit of makeup, I always include my Tula Glow & Get It and now this new Eye highlighter I just got in. I love it so much!!
- Mom hair for the win! I am just not getting up everyday and doing my hair like I was when life was normal. Doing my hair, getting dressed (even if it’s in leggings or jean shorts) and putting myself together a little helps because I feel more myself, making me more productive. I am a huge fan of these scarf scrunchies because they dress up a mom bun or pony! This is a set of 12 hair scarfs and they are the perfect length.
- Me time! I have escaped to my bath more now than I ever have! I pop myself in after the kids go down, light a candle and try and have a few minutes to unwind and relax. We have two kids (6 yr old boy and almost 2 yr old) and although I love every second, this is hard too! This bath powder has been a go to of mine for at least 5 years now. I love it… one or two scoops in my bath (sometimes I will add young living lavender) and I am in heaven. It smells so good and has so many antioxidants. It’s actually for new moms, but I had a natural physician recommend it for women in general. So good!!
- Yay for new flip flops! I just ordered these and had to add them to this month’s fresh piclks shell flip flops and they are so good!! Perfect for a casual look on vacay or just running around (which I pray we get back to soon). I plan to wear mine with sundresses, shorts and tanks! Cute and on sale right now!!!!
- This hair dryer is making its second appearance because it’s just that good. I didn’t want to drop a ton of money on a hair dryer and I just happened to order this one awhile back and I am obsessed. It gives you the look of a blow out in the comfort of your own home. Even though most of us don’t go anywhere really right now, it’s nice to feel pretty in this quarantine life! Now is a great time to try it and perfect the look before you go back out to take on the world haha.
- Candles have always been a favorite of mine. I love to light one after all the dishes are clean and put away and the kitchen is sparkling clean! As I mentioned above, I love a good bath and lighting a candle just adds to the relaxation… especially these days! This capri blue candle smells fantastic and worth the price!
- Slippers!!! Where are my slipper girls at? I have always been a soft robe and slipper kinda girl! These Tie Dye Slippers are so soft, adorable and comfy! Such a fun cozy treat right now!
What are you all loving? Please share… I am always up for fun new finds! Interested in more makeup to try out during this home bound break? Click here for my latest makeup favorites. If you are looking for any new family fun ideas, I have a round up of really fun games to try out! What are you all doing to give yourself some “me-time” or self care? Do tell!