We’re tackling our home to-do list one day at a time. We don’t always “finish” a room before we jump in on the next, it’s just the way it is, but we always have fun! The dining room is the space we are currently revamping… it really needed a pick me up!
We bought a table from Target on clearance a long time ago for our dining space and it was just not us. It only seated four and it really wasn’t so sturdy. We kept it for quite sometime because the space is so small, we just never found anything that ticked our fancy! I am actually glad we kept it as long as we did… our style has really developed and now we know what we really love… let me show you…
The full home to-d0 check list is here… but just to refresh our memories, here’s the dining room’s items…
1. New Dining Table & Chairs… I wanted something that could really accommodate 4-6 people. We were originally going to keep the chairs we had an add two chairs at the ends when needed…. we nixed the idea quickly.
2. Dining Room Hutch… we received an old wooden dining room hutch from a previous client of Kevin’s who knows how much I love diy projects. It was love at first sight. Ok, not really, but there is so much potential & I can’t wait to get started!
3. New Light Fixture… we are looking for something modern & rustic. We want something that really showcases the space.
4. Floral Arrangement… something pretty to use as a centerpiece.
I am going to show you all the transformations as they occur… so here’s a quick mood board design I came up with to keep us in the right design direction while we are putting the space all together!
Here’s an explanation..
1. Color Scheme… We’re going to keep with the same color scheme as the kitchen… you can see that design concept here.
2. Lighting… we haven’t selected the exact light that we have totally fallen for. I kinda waiting until we get a few more elements in there before we make the final selection. I actually have about 5 that we have narrowed it down to. Here’s just one of the five… I will show you all of them soon!
3. Dining Hutch… This hutch is just an idea of color (not the style) for the dining hutch we are in the midst of re-vamping. Get excited… the before pictures & total design idea is coming up on the blog Friday!
4. Botanical… I wanted something really fun & spring-y on the table… this cute green blossom may just work!
5. & 6 Table & Chairs. We already made the jump & purchased this table & chair set after weeks of pulling these up on the ipad every night. I absolutely am in love and thrilled that we saved a bunch of money with sales & coupons! It was worth the drive to North Fort Myers with my sister & her two girls asking if we were there yet the entire time!
7. Accessories… Every dining hutch needs some cute accessories, right?! I am going to use some of what I already have and maybe grab up a few more accessories like this turquoise vase, white urchin & coral frame. Accessorizing is always the best part!
I can’t wait to show you guys the progress… it’s just fabulous! Really, it is!! So, what about you guys… any revamping going on in your neck of the woods? Do share… pop some pictures up on our facebook… we wanna see!!
Jesse @ Scout & Nimble says
Hi Lindsay! I just found your website and I am loving it! I totally just got lost in reading your posts…so fun. I love finding new favorites and adding them to my Reader…just wanted to say hi and I love what you do. (I realize that this could come off as super creepy!?! Sorry about that!) 😉 Jesse @ Scout & Nimble